If you are a avid Chukar hunter, hunting the I.O.N. (Idaho, Oregon, Nevada) area, chances are you have used one of these shotgun choices. Here are 5 great pumps and 5 great automatics you can use to put the bandits in the bag.
1) Winchester/Browning model 12- In 16, 20 & 28 this one is a thing of beauty, with 7 shells!
2) Remington 1100-A smooth and soft kicking gas operated gun since 1963, the best selling auto.
3) Ithaca model 37- Browning’s design of wood & steel weighs around 6lbs in 20 gauge, less in 28.
4) Remington 870- 10 million made says it all. A tough pump.
5) Browning- A-5- John Browning’s first auto ruled the 1st half of the 20th century.
6) Beretta Al-391- 12 or 20 gauge, too many good choices!
7) Browning BPS- pick a gauge, .410 if you like a challenge. It’s great for lefty’s too! Bottom ejection.
8) Benelli SBE II- 12 gauge but it sure handles like a 20!
9) Franchi Al-48 20 or 28 gauge, feather light auto, an updated A-5.
10) Benelli Nova-12 or 20 gauge, cheap and tough. It’s a great first pump!
OK first of all, there are really too many choices to choose just 10. So before all of you over/under & double guys start getting buckets of tar and bags of chukar feathers, let me tell you why I excluded your favorite gun. Simply put, you only have 2 shots and a guy with a model 12 has 7. I don’t feel like climbing 3000′ to shoot twice and helplessly watch the rest fly away untouched. Also, those beauties would get scratched or dented and make you all cry. If you want to use grandpa’s model 21 or a new AyA, maybe you better hunt farm chukars on flat ground.